- They are much smaller than skylights, but are able to bring in a lot more light. The tube actually amplifies the light from outside as it goes into your house.
- Solar tubes can be installed almost anywhere inside your home because of their small size. This makes them great for lighting dark closets, bathrooms, or anywhere else in the house.
- They don’t require any drywall repair as part of the installation process. You just need to have them installed by a qualified roofer to make sure you don’t cause any roof leaks.
- They are cheaper than skylights to install.
- Solar tubes are able to redirect light into your home the entire day, even when it is cloudy. Unlike skylights, the sun doesn’t have to be in the direct path of the tube in order to create light.
Solar tubes are an excellent natural light source, which means you can use them rather than traditional lighting during the day. It is estimated that solar tubes can save you anywhere from 70 to 90 percent on your daytime lighting costs.
Besides being greener, natural light has a number of benefits including, strengthening your immune system, reducing eyestrain, and improving your mood.
Types of Solar Tubes
Solar tubes are sometimes also known as light tubes, sun scopes, sun pipes, solar light tubes, tube skylights, sun tunnels, or daylight pipes.
Certain solar tube models even come with electrical lights built into them so that they can be used during hours when the sun is down. Others have a dimmer that can be used to regulate how much light is let into your home.
If you would like some advice on how to let more natural light into your home, give us a call!
TR Construction is a first-rate home remodeling company that specializes in all phases of remodeling and roofing. We service Escondido, San Marcos, Encinitas, Rancho Santa Fe, Poway, Rancho Bernardo, Solana Beach, Del Mar, Scripps Ranch, La Jolla, Clairemont, La Mesa, Santee, El Cajon, Spring Valley, Lemon Grove, San Diego, Chula Vista, Mira Mesa, Temecula, Murrieta, Oceanside, and surrounding areas.